internetworkers - Snow vs blizzard

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Snow vs blizzard
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 01:25:07 -0500 (EST)

OK, my housemates and I just had a brief discussion of this. I say that if
you can't see shit, the wind is blowing *and* there's thick heavy snow
coming down, then it's a blizzard. Housemate #1 qualifies blizzard as just
can't see shit, and Housemate #2 says that there has to be more than a
foot of snow on the ground.

This snow, whilst wonderful and picturesque etc., has yet to qualify as a
blizzard for me ... but I'm used to 3 foot snows from kidhood, etc.

CHeers
KJ