internetworkers - RE: I-workers web site, anyone?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "uzoma nwosu" <uzoma AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: I-workers web site, anyone?
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 12:47:34 -0500

More seriously, I think that getting tied up with organizational issues
is what hindered earlier efforts at starting this kind of group in the
Triangle. As evidenced by Gina's twitching.

Granted that I am not an old schooler in this crew, I think a leading person
or group could really help get things moving. The planning element is a
little too loose. I personally hate to send every thought and idea to
committee-that's probably the spirited entrepreneur in me-for the single
reason that I feel that it slows productivity and/or creativity.
If we have someone who says, "I've set gathering 'x' up on date 'y', let's
do this" and we don't collectively disagree, then we do the gathering. At
least it is a direction. We can change if we like.
This is me looking from the outside in. You guys work it like you want. I
am not entirely committed to either structure. To quote Nas, "Hate me now".
Uzoma