internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: December 06, 1999

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: December 06, 1999
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:39:05 -0500

With regard to Michael's logistical concerns regarding numbers, I
believe that everyone who wants to participate can and should be
accomodated. There are ways of getting a rough headcount in advance of
these events, and we can probably muster a far-sighted predicition of
who would come to a roundtable by taking an informal poll on this list.

As far as beer, I am on record stating that beer is of strategic
importance in the IT industry.

As for growing the organization, the Tokyo counterpart to
InterNetWorkers has 3000 people on their list and draw about 800 people
to their monthly events. We could do worse and still be doing great.

Tom