internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: December 06, 1999

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Thomas <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: December 06, 1999
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 16:24:24 -0500

Looks like we have the multi-lingual issue covered!

Great!

On a more complicated note:

I don't want to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but I have some logistical
concerns.

I think we might need to think about the number of people that our roundtable
might
include...

When I was the point person for the first big dinner we did last January,
we originally predicted around 30 people. We ended up with around 90
and had to do some frantic negotiating with Tyler of Tyler's to make sure
that we would be able to handle the numbers.

That was with only inviting around 30-35 people. Now this discussion list
numbers over 60 people and last time I checked "Inet-announce," it had over
150 people.
And there a lot of people on the "Inet-announce" list that don't come to the
Internetworkers dinners because they are "content-free."

My point: we could be looking at a pretty large event here.

So:
* should we try to limit the number of people that might come? (I'd hate to
do this --
ideally, I'd like to post an announcement to "Inet-Announce" about this...)
* Can we find a solution that would be able to handle, say, between 20-100
people? Then,
when we have a better idea of size we can nail it down then?
* Is it still a roundtable if it has more than 50 people?
* Will I be able to drink beer?
* ARGHHHH!!!!!