internetworkers - [internetworkers] sangria

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: s_l at mindspring.com (Scott Lundgren)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] sangria
  • Date: Fri Feb 28 13:21:37 2003

>Maybe you could make your own Sangria

I have a recipe that I adore, but that mango addition you mentioned sounded
good. Yesterday in the midst of the gray weather I was feeling lazy and just
wanting to drop in somewhere and reminisce of warmer climates.

Sangria Cha Cha Cha

1 orange, cut into 1/8-inch slices
1 lemon
1 cup sugar
1 bottle dry white wine
1 bottle dry red wine
Sliced peaches, grapes, strawberries, or other seasonal fruit (optional)
Gin, Grand Marnier, or brandy to taste (optional)

Combine the orange, lemon, sugar, and wines in a large glass bowl and stir
for several minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 to 6 hours, or
overnight. Add the optional fruits and spirits, if you like. Serve over ice
or, just before serving, place some ice cubes in the punch bowl. Makes 8
cups