homestead - [Homestead] Progress continues

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Little houses <LittleHouses AT yahoogroups.com>, Homestead_Friends AT yahoogroups.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Progress continues
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 18:37:39 -0500

Today the floor to the basement was poured and finished. It looks nice. After the batch truck left a load of lumber was dropped off and they started building. First step was the only real wood used today, PT sill plates. Then Gluelam beams half way along the longest span. An engineered I beam was used for the floor joists and a special rim joist material was used. Tomorrow will be the floor underlayment of a high density fiberboard material. By the end of the week we should have walls going up.

--
Don Bowen AD0BR
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In