homestead - [Homestead] Alternative energy

  • From: Celia Morgan <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "<homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Alternative energy
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:32:33 -0500

Have you seen this?
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2012/hybrid-flexible-light-solar-cells-1221.html

"MIT researchers have produced a new kind of photovoltaic cell based on
sheets of flexible graphene coated with a layer of nanowires. The approach
could lead to low-cost, transparent and flexible solar cells that could be
deployed on windows, roofs or other surfaces."

I've been trying to talk my husband into doing real solar but the banks of
batteries are an issue for him. He has enough trouble keeping my electro net
hot.

Cheers,

Celia

On Dec 29, 2012, at 5:47 PM, "Fred Enga, Astechman" <fenga AT astechman.com>