homestead - [Homestead] Blueberries

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Blueberries
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:52:04 -0500

Lisa Perry, you still here?

With substantially-home-produced goodies, we just consumed a fine meal. For
accoustical ambience I selected Scott's album, 8 Miles to Perryville. Which
of course reminded me of you. Which reminded me of your substantial blueberry
experience. I am very close to throwing up my hands and admitting apple and
blueberry production failure, due partly to more items on my menu than time
to enjoy them--the inevitable time challenges, the environmental conditions
here in this part of the Ozarks, and the knowledge that we can buy good,
organically grown fruit at somewhat reasonable prices.

As I move through geezerhoodism, I am more and more skeptical of the
proclamations of food producers. So, yeah, I ever more prefer to grow my own.

We have thus far this year gorged on strawberries, cherries, and now
boysenberries. The blue fruit did not make it. But before I give up on
blueberries, I solicit you advice.

Gene GeRue
www.ruralize.com