homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lurker de-lurking

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lurker de-lurking
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:02:31 -0500

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net> wrote:

> Right now we are having VERY unseasonable weather.

Welcome to the Zombie Homestead list--back from the dead. ;)

We are, too. Ridiculously warm. All of my spring flowers are starting to
come up--poppies, iris, even sweetpeas. My rose bushes are still in bloom,
a bit ragged, but still going.

> With the weather what it is, I think I'll just keep trimming up and
> dividing
> strawberries. I am over run with strawberries. They are taking over. You
> guys in the southeast might be getting overrun by kudzu but I have the
> kudzu
> of strawberries! The blooming things have actually climbed up my raised
> beds and I have to keep pulling them out :)

As problems go, Lynda, this doesn't sound a bad one though I'm sure you'd
rather they stay put.

Today I'm baking biscotti that we mail in small boxes (with a few other
goodies) for our Christmas gifts. Yesterday I spent the entire day writing
a 8 page quarterly report for Medicaid for my job as Service Provider to
our
live-in individual. Today is better than yesterday--feels like I can begin
our
regular holiday festivities. On Thanksgiving we did something new to us, we
took part in the Drumstick Dash 5k in Roanoke. My husband was our token
runner, the rest of us walked. We had great weather and it was a fantastic
start to a wonderful holiday.

lkvp
sw VA