homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pumpkins - how to put up?

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pumpkins - how to put up?
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 17:12:04 -0500

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Melody Oliphant
<merriemelody39 AT gmail.com>wrote:

> I skipped the Little House books as a kid and first read them when I was in
> my late 20s early 30s. I remember being so impressed with how they lived. I
> was also impressed at the information that one could glean by reading them
> (like knowing you can store pumpkins in your attic ;)

I read them as a kid and then re-read them when I read to my sons. What I
remember most is how much WORK it took to live then. They worked all day
long to make meals and/or shelter. Then woke up and did it all again the
next
day.

What my boys remember most is that the girls got a pair of new knitted
mittens,
a penny, and a piece of rock candy (I think) for Christmas one year.

> Time *does* fly, doesn't it?!

Yes.

> Good luck with your pumpkin project :)

Thanks. :)