homestead - Re: [Homestead] Detering Cats and Squirrels

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Detering Cats and Squirrels
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:11:43 -0700 (PDT)

ahaaaaaaaaa,,,, we had a cat last year, with olympic size leaps he would jump
the garden fence with plenty of room to spare, not to do his doo there, but
he use to love running down the rows with his front claws under the sand and
running as fast as he could with his back legs.  he was playing in the sand -
never saw anything like it before,,, maybe he thought he was helping me
weed..... 'course he also sniffed out the ground squirrel tunnels that went
under the fence and into the garden, so he would hunt them in the evening,
and I'm sure he considered the garden his personal hunting ground.

Coyote Urine is supposed to ward off squirrels.  I wonder if ammonia does the
same thing..........