homestead - Re: [Homestead] Thinning Peach Fruit

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Thinning Peach Fruit
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:20:26 -0400

> Yes, limbs can break or become so loaded you're sure they will. You'll
> regret it in August if you don't.
>
> You can thin as you drink your morning beverage, a little every day, for a
> few weeks or so or however you prefer to do it.

Good idea, good thing to do while I drink coffee and for evening time.
Yeah, I was just out working on a few more and they are just loaded.

> Can't believe you're doing this already, we just had blossom drop not long
> ago.

And I'm not that far from you, maybe 100 miles. It's your altitude!
Mine were in bloom about a month ago. How long do you think I have to
get them thinned? A North Carolina extension website says 40 days from
blossom drop.

Rob - Va