homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pay as you go phone

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pay as you go phone
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:01:08 -0400

I don't know where you are, but I use a wal mart "Straight Talk" phone. No
contract, inexpensive phone, $30/mo for 1000 minutes (upgradeable to
unlimited for $45), and uses Verizon's network. "By the minute" phones are
ridiculously expensive, in comparison. (I use the $30 one, my wife has the
$45 plan).

It is however, that amount every month.

Incidentally, they say the minutes not used are gone when you refill the
phone (on the $30 plan), but my unused minutes have rolled over. Don't know
if that is an error, but not questioning it at this point... ;-) Course, I
haven't had a need for the rolled over minutes, but it's nice to know they
are there.

Ray

Dr. Raymond Zentz

It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.