homestead - Re: [Homestead] I guess I am committed or should be.

  • From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I guess I am committed or should be.
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 23:36:48 -0500

Good for you, Don. Change keeps us young. I know when we moved out of
Chicago -- although both Jim and I didn't like living in the city-- we
were both uneasy about what life would be like in the new place.

When will you be moving in? This year, I'm hoping to make a trip to
Eureka Springs, hopefully in June when some of the other cousins will
be there. Now that I have given up the torture that is working at my
former job (oh.my.sweet.lord -- you don't know how good it is to say
that). My time is my own, and I have a local guy who I think will be
fine with my animals (and my friend Helen will supervise). All this is
complicated by the arrival of a new dog (who didn't make the current
transport from Texas -- and I'm not driving down to get him -- so I'll
have to wait for room on the next transport but that will probably be
in May) and baby chicks and keats.

Oh well, if you aren't there, Don, maybe I can get Gene to go with me
to scope out the cave. We'll probably find that it's a rattlesnake
hotel. Now that would guard your beer stash.

Marie