homestead - Re: [Homestead] I guess I am committed or should be.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I guess I am committed or should be.
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 22:32:05 -0700

Oh, Don, you have been outside California too long OR you never made it anywhere except LaLa Landish.

You need to get to real Northern California more often! No one carps about roads and lots of them, including state highways, scare those whuzzes from Southern CA to death. I travel 2.5 miles of dirt road before I get to a narrow two-lane highway that takes me another hour, minimum to get to anything that is *called* a city. I mean, if you call 3,000 people a city. Between 25 and 50% of the places in the State of Jefferson are off-grid and most of the folks haven't been to a Starbucks.

Lynda, who wishes her neighbors would worry about what rocks do to their cars cause her neighbor (from Utah) to the south drives his frofro Volvo down the dirt road going hell bent for election, as does her neighbor (from Arizona) to the west in his Mercedes <g>
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>

Where is my $tarbuck$? You mean I have to drive that far and over these
roads? Why doesn't someone pave these roads? Do you understand what
rocks do to my BMW?