homestead - Re: [Homestead] I guess I am committed or should be.

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] I guess I am committed or should be.
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 01:40:43 -0700

Way to go Don! Good luck with the move...

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
Western WA

At 4/9/2010 11:37 PM,Don Bowen wrote:
I am back in Southern California after a quick trip to Missouri. While
there we looked at I think ten properties in all (I lost count in the
blur). In the end we bought a place that was not on any RE agents
list. The owner had talked to me about buying it several times in the
past several years. He wanted to sell then he did not. I thought it
was not available until one day as I was gasing the car he drove up and
we talked. He gave a price, we arranged to meet. and I bought it.

It is everything we wanted except the house is smaller that we wanted
but that can be fixed. It is 80 acres, with a year round stream on the
backside, mostly wooded with a piece in the center selectively logged
six years ago. The house is two bedrooms one bath with a beautiful full
length porch. The shop is 32 by 32 with 10 ft lean-tos on each side,
one is a pull through, both are enclosed on three sides.

It is located about the middle of Ozark County about 15 miles north of
Gainesville. Neighbors are people I have known and socialized with for
several years now and are all good people. Mow for the hassle of moving.