homestead - Re: [Homestead] Diesel and kerosene

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Diesel and kerosene
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:39:40 -0500

Your word is good enough for me, James...thanks..

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:
What is the downside of using diesel fuel in a standard kerosene heater
to heat a greenhouse?

It will clog up the wick in a hurry and stink mightily in the mean time. It won't explode like gasoline in a kerosene heater, so it isn't immediately dangerous, but I'd say it's a bad idea. It will leave an oily residue on all and sundry.

Look into a diesel heater, like a Petromax. </HTML>