homestead - [Homestead] Diesel and kerosene

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Diesel and kerosene
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:20:18 -0500

Question:
What is the downside of using diesel fuel in a standard kerosene heater to heat a greenhouse? I know it is dirtier, but will the plants really care? How long will one gallon of diesel last in a kerosene heater? 12 hours?

Many of our greatest American thinkers, men of the caliber of Thomas Jefferson, Henry Thoreau, Mark Twain, William James, and John Muir, have found the forest an effective stimulus to original thought.
Bob Marshall