homestead - Re: [Homestead] bean trelises

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bean trelises
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 23:22:41 -0800 (PST)

t-posts?
no-climb?
speak "city" !!!
LOL

I don't want to have to re-buy stuff each year.

I was talking to someone yesterday about yucca cactus here, and how much use
the native indians made of them, which struck me funny because just the other
day I was wondering if there was some way to cut them and braid some kind of
ropey-vine for beans to climb.

OT, there is an interesting program on TV about home birthing vs hospital.
NYC hospital are now on average over 40% CSection (that is insane) and the
rest of the nation isn't far behind?  Why, turn over those beds faster for
hopsital profits, and some Drs. attitude that they can't get sued if they
section birth... Geez.  They just showed Rickie Lane giving birth at home in
a tub.  My granny was a mid-wife and would be horrified if she saw this
program.  Modern medicine with all the drugs and other non-sense, birth
defects, suctioning babies out to speed up things so they can get home for
dinner etc.  The world has gone crazy, I'm convinced of that.... LOL.

All of the above, Leslie.  Beans will climb on anything that will hold still
long enough for them to get a grip on it.  I was gifted with a few old rolls
of chicken wire and that's what I've been using the last couple of years.
Works just fine.  However, it is kinda saggy, so I've had to use more
t-posts than I would have if I used the old roll of no-climb that I have.

Lynda