homestead - Re: [Homestead] onion question

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] onion question
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 19:09:39 -0800 (PST)

Many nights we are dipping into the upper teens, but only from about 4am to
7am..... Last year I think we only had about a dozen nights like that, this
year it seems non-stop.  I drove to town this afternoon to meet a friend, and
I know when I left there was very little snow on the mountain.  Several hours
later, after a meeting and grocery shopping, I look at the mountain and was
shocked.... the mountain was on its way to being full of snow again, so it
must be snowing today.  Yep, got home and on the news its snowing.

The one good thing about the cold is we get to be blissfully lazy !!!

Got a call from daughter today - she wanted to know what year it snowed in
Miami when I was in college, because..... they are expecting snow I think she
said Saturday.... and they were having a radio contest regarding what year it
was last when it snowed in Miami.  LOL.  I think it was Dec 76, maybe Jan 77.

I'm thinking if I mulch thick and then make a plastic tent, they'll be ok...
worth a shot.