homestead - [Homestead] Amazon warning

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Amazon warning
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:30:48 -0800

Last week I ordered something from Amazon.com and used my Visa debit card to pay for it, the NEXT DAY there were a bunch of unauthorized purchases on it. Fedex and USPS mostly and lot's of them. I got a new card and number
I tr\ied to contact Amazon to let them know what was happening but that did not work out, I received a form email asking what fraudulent purchases were made at Amazon... My card NUMBER was stolen thru Amazon!

Yesterday I ordered a used book thru Amazon.com and watched my bank account, tonight there are 6 Fedex transactions, I just had my card closed and am done dealing with Amazon.com.

Once might be bad luck, twice is something more and not being able to contact Amazon about the problem does not help.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net