homestead - Re: [Homestead] Amazon warning

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Amazon warning
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:57:33 -0600

Rob, I would have to agree with Paul. I have been ordering all week through Amazon without a problem. I also use and recommend Spybot and I use Prevx Edge instead of AVG, but I know AVG is an excellent product as well that my friends like.

Spybot is free (a donation is suggested) and Prevx Edge is 34.95.

I used to use McAffee but it was more than twice the cost and tied up my system when it was scanning. It was obvious they were not on top of things when I got that Windows back door virus that took out my computer for a week, and I lost work time. Prevx is always working silently in the background, the scan is quick and it lets me keep working so I am very happy with it.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas