homestead - [Homestead] Quality

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Quality
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:00:25 -0800

Last year we bought 6 tarps for those "carports" things Costco and the other big boxes sell. Spent two days putting them up. We *thought* we were real pleased with them because what little snow we got slid right off.

Well, we're getting all buttoned down because the first big storm of the season is predicted for tomorrow (4" rain, 50 mph winds). So, pulled the little half-ton out to haul stuff down to the barn and as I got in the truck I looked up. OMG, the blooming tarps were disintegrating! Literally falling apart! I touched them and my finger went right through them.

Ya know, I hate living up here. The whole attitude is soooo different than being down on the coast. Folks here and over in the valley give a whole new meaning to the word RUDE! I call the Redding Costco and first I get the ditz. Told her about the tarps and wanting replacements. She says, "bring them anymore" and just as the phone is halfway to being hung up she says "oh, but we don't have any tarps." Ah, why would I drive two hours one way if they don't have replacements? So I stew on that for a few and then call back and ask to speak to the manager. MR. RUDE! I ask him if they are going to get anymore in. He says tomorrow. I mention the storm and ask if he can hold the 6 tarps until Wednesday. He says, "no, it's against company policy." I said I know it is against company policy to hold items just to be holding items but this is replacement. He says again, "no, it's against company policy."

Now, I'm really pissed! <g> So, I call the manager's boss. Guess who is shipping the 6 tarps to arrive tomorrow or Wednesday!

I rarely wish for riches but I sure wish I could afford to buy real tarps or enough wood to put a shed row over the goofy carports!

Lynda
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are
to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and
servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theordore
Roosevelt, 1918.