homestead - [Homestead] At least I'll get "free" medical care in jail

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] At least I'll get "free" medical care in jail
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 01:58:13 -0400

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ensign_receives_handwritten_confirmation_.html?showall

Don't know if this is accurate, BUT...

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday from
Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold confirming
the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying
health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up to a
year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT letterhead.
He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed