homestead - Re: [Homestead] At least I'll get "free" medical care in jail

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] At least I'll get "free" medical care in jail
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 02:12:12 -0400

If I can't afford insurance, I surely can't afford $1900, $3600, or
$25000. A year in jail with free medical treatment sounds a lot better
than going into debt borrowing money to pay their fines.
This country needs a real makeover. It is just not right that a
criminal can get medical treatment but a law abiding taxpayer cannot.
This is the kind of change I was hoping to see, but no, it is not to be.

Bev

Lynda wrote:
Depending on which of the proposed bills you read, the fine is around
$3,000. One says $3,200. Another says $3,600. However, unless
there has been a change in the last couple of weeks, it isn't $1,900.

Of course, the way they keep chaning the bills, it could be that
little now. I've seen little girls playing dress up change less than
these bills have!

Lynda "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President,
or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." Theordore Roosevelt, 1918. ----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0909/Ensign_receives_handwritten_confirmation_.html?showall

Don't know if this is accurate, BUT...

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) received a handwritten note Thursday
from Joint Committee on Taxation Chief of Staff Tom Barthold
confirming the penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee
for not buying health insurance.

Violators could be charged with a misdemeanor and could face up
to a year in jail or a $25,000 penalty, Barthold wrote on JCT
letterhead. He signed it "Sincerely, Thomas A. Barthold."