homestead - Re: [Homestead] Best Videos Yet

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Best Videos Yet
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:39:26 -0400

Lynda wrote:

And, I'm sorry but this guy John Tantillo is living in a bubble.
Because Obama was elected doesn't mean that racism isn't a definitive
factor in our nation anymore. Ah, hate to burst his bubble but
racism is NOT something that is limited to white folks which would
appear to be what he is basing his statement on. When people vote
for someone strickly based on his race, then that is racism also and
that is where a LARGE percent of his votes came from!

I do see that.
I guess my point was that both sides are being played. When things are
going well, we say "we've conquered racism" When things are chaotic-for
whatever reason-we say it is because of racism. Not right either way.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed