homestead - [Homestead] Epsilon Aurigae-homeschool interest

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Epsilon Aurigae-homeschool interest
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 17:25:11 -0400

For you amateur astronomers, general science nerds like me, and homeschoolers, this is a real science mystery that you could help solve.

http://www.citizensky.org/

Here is the primer for the project:
http://www.citizensky.org/content/star-our-project

It is pretty cool to think about. From the light emitted, it looks like the eclipsing object might have a hole in it, or even multiple holes, like a target bullseye. It is mindbending to think about.

Bev, suffering from a GI virus, but has discovered an old Sci-Fi series called Firefly which has been very entertaining.(a friend loaned me the series DVDs) It is essentially a space-western. Intriguing.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed somewhere in the Pacific and/or Indian Ocean. Go Navy!
EarthNSky Farm, NW Georgia, USA