homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:29:02 EDT

> >These are the same people who want to be in charge of health care for
> the
> entire country. We're doomed.

These are the people who are already in charge of "health care" for the
entire country. We've been doomed for some time now.

"Health care" is extremely government controlled now, I'd put it at 85%
govenment control (most often through lobbying by the medical industry to
protect its monopoly) and maybe a few percent of the total as being subject
market factors.

To illustrate, just today there is a report that ten percent of the
out-of-pocket money spent on "health care" is spent on alternative medicine.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/Story?id=8215703&page=1

So the AMA, seeing a threat to its turf says:

"Much of the information currently known about these therapies makes
itclear that many have not been shown to be efficacious.
Well-designed,stringently
controlled research should be done to evaluate the efficacyof alternative
therapies."

Which is, of course, crap. Yet the AMA has worked for years to make it
illegal for anyone to provide any services or products that make medical
claims
of which the AMA itself does not approve. Because if there were any
competion to AMA medicine, the industry could not bilk 17% of the GDP for
themselves as they are currently doing.

You ALREADY have government controlled 'health care', that's why it is
lousy and expensive. How much worse can it be?

James