homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cash for Clunkers
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 07:17:12 -0800

Gee, maybe they should lead by example and do "well-designed, stringently controlled research" before they put drugs and vaccines on the market. AND how about they stick by the rules of the truth in advertising laws! Gardesil comes to mind. Hire an advertising firm before the first year of testing is done. Get the CDC to recommend the vaccine to an age group the vaccine wasn't tested on and now you have thousands with adverse reactions AND deaths.

Yeah, we want more of their kind of results.

Plus, do we really want someone running healthcare who couldn't even manage the most famous whorehouse in the world and ran it into bankruptsy?

Lynda
The press corp is fact-adverse but very fable friendly.

----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

These are the people who are already in charge of "health care" for the
entire country. We've been doomed for some time now.

"Health care" is extremely government controlled now, I'd put it at 85%
govenment control (most often through lobbying by the medical industry to
protect its monopoly) and maybe a few percent of the total as being subject to
market factors.

To illustrate, just today there is a report that ten percent of the
out-of-pocket money spent on "health care" is spent on alternative medicine.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WellnessNews/Story?id=8215703&page=1

So the AMA, seeing a threat to its turf says:

"Much of the information currently known about these therapies makes
itclear that many have not been shown to be efficacious. Well-designed,stringently
controlled research should be done to evaluate the efficacyof alternative
therapies."

Which is, of course, crap. Yet the AMA has worked for years to make it
illegal for anyone to provide any services or products that make medical claims
of which the AMA itself does not approve. Because if there were any
competion to AMA medicine, the industry could not bilk 17% of the GDP for
themselves as they are currently doing.

You ALREADY have government controlled 'health care', that's why it is
lousy and expensive. How much worse can it be?

James