homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sericea Lespedeza

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sericea Lespedeza
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:14:34 -0400

Thanks for sharing that, Rob. Misery loves company and I am glad I am not the only one who has failures.

Bev

Robert Walton wrote:
Ah, a sore subject.

Oh, yes. Forgot to tell you. One year I decided that putting a wide ring of
Vicks around my young fruit trees would keep the web worms from climbing up
the trunk and eating all the leaves.

I was gloating in my organic pest control knowledge that early summer. About
mid-summer, I noticed that a little plum tree just turned brown overnight.
Upon further investigation, I found that the Vicks ate the bark off and
killed the tree.

I lost about 5 fruit trees to that Vicks treatment even though I washed it
off the other ones right away.

Rob - Va