homestead - Re: [Homestead] Five Days and Counting

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Five Days and Counting
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 07:54:19 -0400

I've been trying to get hay cut, but haven't had a stretch of 3-4 days without rain. That's pretty normal for here in late spring. We've also FINALLY gotten our night temperatures out of the 40's. Our last frost was just last week. Most of the things I have planted are just sitting, shivering...corn, beans, tomatoes, squash...no growth for the 2-3 weeks they've been planted. Only the cool season crops are happy. I hope with the warmer weather (50's at night/70's during the day) things will start to grow. We had our 90 degree days in April, when it was too early to plant much out. I sure hope we get nice weather on the other end of our growing season, or we won't have enough time to ripen long-season crops.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>