homestead - [Homestead] Geese nesting

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Geese nesting
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 21:40:58 -0400

Hey all,

I moved my geese in the pasture area with the goats and chickens a
little over a month ago. They started a new nest and all 3 geese are
laying in the nest. A couple of weeks ago, they started sitting. One
of the 3 is on the nest most of the time. I think they are still
laying also.

So questions I have are:

Is it normal for 3 geese to share a nest, even sharing sitting duties?

Do they hatch all the goslings at the same time (like a hen) or do
they just keep hatching them as they hatch?

Rob - Va