homestead - Re: [Homestead] Equus Asinus

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Equus Asinus
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 23:40:58 -0400

All I know is what I read. It seems they adapted to surviving on
minimal forages.

I searched the magazine and there is an online edition:
http://www.ecmagazine.net/

Ironically, or synchronicitously<G>, the featured archive issue is the
'donkey' issue that I am holding!

http://www.ecmagazine.net/winter0708/ecwinter0708homepage.htm
That page lists the articles...
If you are interested in donkeys, I suggest these articles:
Equus Asinus: The Donkey by Jennifer Cofield
Donkey Feeding & Nutrition by Eduardo Valdes, PhD

The Cross story is okay if that is your thing, and I thought the story
about colors was okay as well. Of course, too, there is an article
about miniature donkeys and the mammoth jackstock.

It seems to be a decent introduction to donkeys, but this is all the
knowledge I have...

Bev

Robert Walton wrote:

For the nutrition, donkey's don't do so well on rich pasture, right?

--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public
debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/