homestead - Re: [Homestead] Pain management

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Pain management
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 01:11:31 -0400

I should have been specific in that I wasn't talking about prevention
but coping..I like your chakra meditations. I try self hypnosis to
relax when I need sleep.

Over the years that I have dealt with pain....these are the things I have noticed. The elimination of sugar. Especially in soft drinks, of course the diet stuff is even worse. If fact it was just about 3 weeks ago I went on a candy and processed food binge.. Had to use a cane to get up my stairs.

I don't know how to explain it, but you may be on to something. Our
friend Eric has some kind of weird foot problem. He gave up sugar and
can walk easily again. He was already thin, and the loss of those
calories has him looking like a toothpick and he has some health
problems from being too thin, but he says it is better than having the
pain in his foot.

close to raw as you can get, gives me more energy and a sense of well
being. When I do something stupid like move a 50 pound bag of something and get to hurting I use a salve called Aches Away. It is strong enough to make your eyes water if you get it to close to your face. A friend of mine makes soaps and salves and I have never found any better. Look up www.sweethollowfarm.com and look under salves.

Nice looking farm, and seemingly good salves. I'll try to order a jar
when I can.
Another friend of mine uses a product called Mobisyl. Can anyone here
recommend that as well?

--
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public
debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered

--Cicero, 55 BC
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/