homestead - [Homestead] Spring heat

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Spring heat
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:45:49 -0400

Ouch! It's hot here. Last week I was worried that the ground was not warming
up enough. Had two nights this week at 36 degrees, today it's 91.

I was supposed to be deep in garden planting, but that's going to have to
happen in the evening, it's sweltering out right now. I've got peppers and
tomatoes ready to go in, but I hate for there first day in the garden
(tomorrow) to be 90. I may wait a couple of days and put them in then.

I by the end of the week it's supposed to be more normal temperatures, hope
so, my lettuce just up a week and it's not liking this heat!

Rob - Va