homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sorghum x sudan grass

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sorghum x sudan grass
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 21:12:13 -0400

That's good information. I'm looking for summer cover crops, but ones
that I can graze the goats on if I need too. Someone on another list
mentioned pearl millet. That would be another option. This is 1/4 acre
of good bottom land that I'd like to use eventually for some garden
crops, etc. I'd like to really smother it in growth this summer and
then plow in what the goats don't eat.

Rob - Va