homestead - [Homestead] Sorghum x sudan grass

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Sorghum x sudan grass
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 09:33:42 -0400

Hey everybody,

I got my acre of oats/peas planted last week before the rain. Should
be some good goat pasture.

I'm thinking to plant another small plot to sorghum x sudan grass
mixed with some legume in another 6 weeks or so. It would be a cover
crop that I could turn the goats in on.

I think that this would be a good cover crop, but I'm worried about
prussic acid problems with the goats. I'd be able to control the
grazing, but wonder if anyone has experience with growing this.

Rob - Va