homestead - Re: [Homestead] Red Letter Day

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Red Letter Day
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:59:37 -0400

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 7:41 AM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 3/21/2009 12:08:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> lisakvperry AT gmail.com writes:
>
> "There is no peace without wisdom
> There is no wisdom but in submission to the gods
> Big words are always punished
> And foolish men in old age learn to be wise."
> Sophocles
>
> Just substitute 'homestead wife' for 'gods' and you have it.

Well, it's not quite as bad as that though I always appreciate the quotes
and songs you post. Perhaps the guys just realize that things are not
getting better, but quite the opposite, and heck, we all like to eat. My
husband would just much rather pick up the guitar and work on a song than
work in the garden. Perhaps if he has more time, maybe he'll find time for
both instead of having to pick and choose.

Have a great day.

lkvp