homestead - Re: [Homestead] Red Letter Day

  • From: Lisa Kae Van Meter Perry <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Red Letter Day
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:03:40 -0400

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I know the feeling. It is a total freak out. I almost fainted when my
> DH, also a city boy who never had any country experience at all, decided
> to learn to garden, too.
>
> Lynda wrote:
> > O.K., I think by now y'all know that DH is a city boy. I mean, born
> > and raised a few minutes outside Boston.
>
> > So, after I fainted and picked myself back up, he said "I want to be
> > prepared because it's not looking good."

Yeah Lynda and Bev!

I forwarded your posts to my husband, I'm sure he'll appreciate it and get
my hint. ;)

After his car accident March 1 (he and youngest son were fine but van was
totaled, in case anyone missed the post), he came to the conclusion to close
his music store May 1. Four potential buyers came and went in the last 15
months without a signed agreement/sale. We're both sad to see it close, we
had hoped the store would 'live on' with a new owner as it has filled a
niche in our community (even got a mention w/ photo in *Every Day w/ Rachael
Ray* magazine April 07 issue!), but it's not our long-term plan to continue
to operate it. Met some really neat people over the last 5 years including a
nice couple from The Netherlands who are returning for a visit this summer.

Once the store has closed, I *hope* my husband will have a few hours to
donate to the garden or to assist as needed. At the very least it will be
one less big commitment off our overly full plates.

Lisa