homestead - Re: [Homestead] MRSA (Superbugs) - hogs - smal farmers

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] MRSA (Superbugs) - hogs - smal farmers
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:04:17 -0800

Silly, they won't worry about the pig factories. Merck will come up with a vaccine and Teflon will mandate it under his health plan as preventative medicine.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

If they find this link between MRSA and hogs, of course they WON'T do the
sensible thing and close down the pig factories. Animals that live an
unstressed, uncrowded natural life outside, eating the foods they should eat
(with no routine antibiotics). are much less likely to get sick..every
homesteader knows that. But they'll come up with some expensive, high-tech
solution that lets them keep their pig factories but doesn't work.They've
had nasty diseases going through chicken houses for years...affect both
chickens and people. My chickes run free and have no diseases. I'll even
make mayonaise with raw eggs; I wouldn't do that with store-bought eggs. You
have to cook them until they are rubbery so they won't kill you.

I was just reading that garlic can destroy the MRSA bug. Of course doctors
would never stoop to using something that anyone could grow in their garden.
I've been taking garlic all winter, and haven't gotten any of the colds or
stomach flus that have gone around (I usually get at least one each winter).
I'm starting to swear by garlic.