homestead - Re: [Homestead] ants

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: cayadopi AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ants
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 03:13:22 -0800 (PST)

Leslie, no=one more knowledgeable answered, so ,as a fellow desert gardener,
I'll give you my best idea. Right at the break of dawn, (and other times
during the day, also), little chi-chi- birds (that is what I call all little
birds I don't bother to identify) come down and eat grass seed, seed from
weeds, and if the seeds aren't well protected, they will eat your garden
seed. I think you would see ant activity if it was enough activity to get
every seed, but that is just a guess.............