homestead - Re: [Homestead] Those who move to the land

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Those who move to the land
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:48:34 +0000

I would say that I'm a good mix of 'back to lander', 'cash-outer' and
'survivalist'. Thanks for your definitions, Gene, I enjoyed reading and
identifying with them. Luckily, as a kid I enjoyed reading about and
practicing what bits I could of survival lore. The Foxfire series was a
favorite read even when I was fairly young. So, although I didn't have any
real-country hands-on experience (other than some gardening, horses and
chickens and goats experience), I hit the ground running when I got here and
am not sorry for jumping off the deep end when I did.

And by the way -- we have power back! Some of y'all could probably hear the
cheers for joy that went up on our backwoods road. I'm surprised they didn't
have fireworks and confetti flying when I got home, lol. I'm glad to get more
time to properly prepare for real survival stints, haha. There sure is less
house-cleaning going on in the dark, though, since you can't see the dirt to
clean it. Now I see it so I have to get busy cleaning.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)