homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anybody here???

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anybody here???
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:25:02 -0500

roxann wrote:
I've been hauling water every day in gallon jugs, 5 for each horse morning and eve. i have been using warm water and it seems to keep it from icing over too badly overnight, but then i still have to add more anyway so it doesn't matter. with all this effort, i have to wonder how the early settlers did it.
Kids.

SJ, in Maine where we got 16" snow and 2" rain into it instead of ice......after the ice storm of 1998 we were due a big break so nobody's complaining.

Hey, Roxanne--I got 60 cord of firewood to sell, right out of my dooryard, after that storm, so get ready to clean up, in more ways than one!