homestead - Re: [Homestead] Anybody here???

  • From: "Sage Austin | Eureka! Design" <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: roxann <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Anybody here???
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:26:59 -0600

Hang in there Roxann, and all the rest of you homesteaders locked in ice. Our troughs were frozen over this morning, but it's already t-shirt weather. Wish I could send you some warmth!--Sage

roxann wrote:
As for us, we are still out of electricity and this is the first time I've
been able to drive off-site. We had a tremendous amount of ice. I was able to
get the car out, but won't be able to get back in so I just came to work,
cot in tow. The oldest son came to the base of the hill to pick up provisions
with his 4-wheeler, where I waited for him after going into town. The storm
came in monday afternoon and it could still be a while before power is
restored. Trees are down everywhere, sounded like a battle ground with all
the loud popping Tuesday and Wednesday. A lot of my driveway and county road
is on north slopes, so the ice won't melt quickly.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)