homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gypsum was Tillers...was Soil
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:20:36 -0800

His reply tells me that he doesn't understand the MSDS system and why
manufacturers participate <g> It is called, in English instead of legaleze,
a CYA. Although it was originally a government mandate, companies jumped on board real fast when they figured out they could use them for their own
benefit. They put every little item in the MSDS and then when someone at
some job site or in some company or even some individual screams about some
negative whatever from a product, the company lawyer trots out the MSDS and says "see, if the defendant the moron had actually read this and followed
the real simple directions, this wouldn't have happened."

The MSDS sheets have saved companies millions of dollars. They love them!

And thus, you will even find an MSDS for water, pencils, pens, etc. Use
them incorrectely and it is on your shoulders, not the pocket of the company
that manufactured them.

Oh yeah, they have an MSDS sheet for every little partical that ends up in anything and everything. Well, except food. After all, the food folks don't want folks to know that the HFCS in their favorite soda is loaded with mercury!

First stop = Starting place in research. Gene, you are the one who
always says don't be motivated by fear, and now you insinuate that there
is some grand governmental conspiracy to mislead the public based on
inaccurate MSDS labels? Do I understand you correctly? You are being a
bit vague here.

Do you read food labels? They are not all inclusive either. There is
always the passing rat or misplaced finger. It is all organic and
natural, unless of course she used fingernail polish. ;)

Bev