homestead - Re: [Homestead] Master Plan

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Master Plan
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:05:24 -0800 (PST)

--- On Mon, 1/12/09, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> I drew my master plan many years ago using Freehand. Alas,
> that
> program became unsupported by Apple OS. I converted to
> Adobe
> Illustrator but struggle with learning to use it. For
> building design
> and simple layout I use Punch! Home Design Studio.

Has anyone used Google SketchUp? A friend, artist by training and instinct,
has used a lot and thinks it is great.
I have FastCAD7. Decided it was the best drawing program I could find for
the money, $150.00, I believe was what I paid couple of years ago. It has a
lot of capability though not the most user friendly thing I could find. Some
of the processes are supposed to be easier to use (and might be for a
beginner) but are different than standard drafting procedure and takes some
rethinking.
I wish I could find someone else with that program that I might trade ideas
with.
Van Dell