homestead - Re: [Homestead] Turmeric

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Turmeric
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:10:00 -0500

Jeanne Driese wrote:
Bev you have RA and I have osteo arthritis! There is a big
difference! Changing all the things that your body has been used to
will take time. My thoughts would be to give yourself 6 months.
Jeanne

I have both RA and OA, Jeanne..I am just blessed that way...LOL..You are
right, there is a big difference.
I have OA in my left knee, left elbow, neck, and both hips. I attribute
that to lots of soccer kicks and cross country running, as well as a bad
fall I took when I worked for the PD. The RA affects my feet, my hands,
jaw, and other things. I'm not giving up on the turmeric just yet, but
If I give it a 6 month trial I may lose my ability to garden and take
care of things. Also, I have a few more alternative treatments to
try, some dietary changes, etc. I am walking a fine line between
trying new things and staying mobile enough to take care of business.
I mentioned that I haven't taken Enbrel since the first week in
December. What has happened is that I am no longer in remission. I am
now even seeing psoriasis patches on my legs and neck, a problem I
haven't had in many years-since I was a teenager in fact. Auto-immune
disease, whether it is psoriasis, asthma, allergies, RA, or Lupus, can
come and go throughout your life...there is just so much we don't know
or understand about it. In many ways, I am playing with fire here,
but I really want to find an alternative that is not so self destructive
and that means I have to be self destructive and not take medication in
order to find that...It is really ironic.

Bev

Bev

--
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will
not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius

~ Calvin Coolidge