homestead - Re: [Homestead] Determination

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Determination
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:07:03 -0700

On Jan 12, 2009, at 11:42 AM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

He was older
than I am now, but undertook the job, knowing that it would take a while to
finish.

He was nearly 75 when he started on that pond.

I've long thought that Scott Nearing would have lived longer if he had done less grunt work and had more fun. By Helen's direct declarations to an editor friend of mine, Scott was a sourpuss.

Gene GeRue
www.RURALIZE.com