homestead - Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Swayze

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Swayze
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:44:32 -0800

We love To Wong Foo!

I danced as I kid, so I always rent the dance movies <g> The rest of the family humors me. @@ Swayze looked like what he really is, an older guy who danced, quite well I'm sure, as a kid, and who got back into it easily because he was a natural. De LaPena was excellent.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

Exactly. De LaPena made the movie but Niemi was not a convincing dancer,
even the dramatic role wasn't convincing until they included the child. She
pulled off the stressed mother thing pretty well.

Yes, 'ONE Last Dance' was the title. Best effort for Swayze and perhaps
second best was 'To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything'.

January is movie season for us.

James