homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water for house, garden, roof

  • From: "Jeanne Driese" <jeanne13 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water for house, garden, roof
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 07:07:10 -0500

I use about the same as you Leslie, except I do not use any for my composting
toilet.
Being a single person, makes it easier to conserve water.
Laundry is done in a front loading machine and compared to the old top loader
it does not use much water at all to do a load!
During our recent wonderful abundant rainfall I was wishing I could figure
out how to harvest the water from the wet weather spring! Unfortunately I
never know just where it will make its exit on the hillside so have not
figured out how to save it!
Jeanne
tnhillwoman
North East TN zone 6